You are currently viewing Redcar Athletic vs Silsden

Redcar Athletic vs Silsden



Redcar Athletic 0-4 Silsden


Silsden: Casey Stewart (8’), Kayle Price (26’), Jake Maltby (43’), Isaac Baldwin (73’)

Redcar Athletic slumped out of the Isuzu FA Vase, having been outclassed by a well-organised Silsden side.

The Sils proved mature from minute one-through-ninety, both composed at the back and clinical in attack, as Casey Stewart, Kayle Price and Jake Maltby racked up a three goal lead.

Isaac Walker spurned a golden opportunity to restore hope to the Steelmen’s ranks, missing the target from the penalty spot seconds after the restart.

Silsden fallback, Isaac Baldwin, wrapped up the one-sided affair, glancing home Casey Stewart’s low cross to end Athletic’s Isuzu FA Vase journey at the third hurdle.

It was a Halloween horror show for a timid Redcar Athletic, whose lack of valuable game-time was exposed by ruthless opposition.

Shot-stopper Matty Wilkinson was thrust straight into the action, suffering a nightmare start to his Redcar debut, as Casey Stewart’s low drive breached his near post within the opening exchanges.

A mazy run from Ellis Hudson almost snatched a quick second for the Sils, luckily sliced wide of the far post to great relief.

Still, the decisive second goal proved inevitable, and Kayle Price found himself unmarked in the centre to prod home from a seeking pullback cross.

A half hour too late, Redcar finally mustered some momentum in the tie, as Nathan Guru’s plush header forced the first real stop from Kyle Trenney, before Danny Boyle turned Isaac Walker’s tidy lay-off into the side-netting.

Any lasting hope for the Steelmen was dashed on the stroke of half-time, as the effervescent threat, Jake Maltby, added a third: a delicate, looping finish from deep to give a scrambling Wilkinson little chance.

Redcar’s one glimpse of an opportunity came from an overtly aggressive moment in the Sils’ otherwise measured defence, as Liam Jarvie was forced to ground in the area.

Isaac Walker stepped up to the spot to offer sliver of hope for the Steelmen, but found only more despair, his effort soaring over a grateful Kyle Trenney’s crossbar.

In the wake of the reprieve, Kayle Price had eyes for a brace, finding a rejuvenated Matty Wilkinson’s outstretched leg on his path to goal.

The improving shot-stopper got the better of the Silsden forward again some minutes later, as Price’s vicious, close-range volley was thumped to safety with a split-second reaction.

Another darting run from the energetic Casey Stewart finally broke Wilkinson’s firm resistance, as his pinpoint cross offered an open net for the onrushing fallback, Isaac Baldwin, to aim for.

Four in arrears, Redcar’s efforts for a late consolation proved solemnly in vain.

Matty Tymon came the closest, lacking a convincing connection on McNeill’s deep, but precise delivery, whilst Layton Watts fizzed a grounded strike into the grasp of Kyle Trenney.

One of the Steelmen’s only bright sparks on a night to forget, Danny Boyle lashed at one last attempt to reduce the deficit, but could only send Matty Tymon’s knock-down whistling over the bar.

Attendance: 233

Line-Up: Wilkinson, McNeill, O’Sullivan, Fletcher, Guru (Holdsworth 46’), Wheatley, Walker (Bell 74’), Boyle, Jarvie (Watts 68’), Tymon, Ferguson

Next Match: Carlisle City (a) | Saturday 4th November 2023


31/10/20238:00 pmIsuzu FA Vase First Round2023/24


BM Bi Fold Stadium, Green Lane, TS10 3RW
Green Lane, Redcar, Redcar and Cleveland, Tees Valley, England, TS10 3RW, United Kingdom
Thursday 25th April, 19:30BM Bi Fold Stadium, Green Lane, TS10 3RW
Redcar Athletic
0 : 4
Bishop Auckland
Yellow Cards
Red Cards