You are currently viewing Heaton Stannington vs Redcar Athletic

Heaton Stannington vs Redcar Athletic



Heaton Stannington 3-1 Redcar Athletic

Heaton: Andy Burn (2’, 45+1’, 76’)

Steelmen: Adam Boyes (39’)

Andy Burn stole the headlines, as Heaton Stannington outclassed a sluggish Redcar Athletic.

The forward settled the tight affair with a stellar individual performance, stunning the Steelmen within minutes of the start.

Adam Boyes turned home an instinctive finish to weave a slim thread of hope, paled into insignificance as Burn wrapped up an emphatic treble.

Offered no time to settle, Redcar were on the back foot inside two minutes of play.

Unmarked in the centre, the ball dropped at the feet of Andy Burn, and the forward made no mistake with his tidy finish.

Forced to completely rethink the game plan, Redcar peppered Lewis Brass’s goal in search of a response, with little to cause the shot-stopper much trouble.

A low drive from Mark Anderson forced the first save, and a fairly routine one at that.

Brass was forced to work just that little bit harder following a defensive error, spreading his body to deny a weak effort from Curtis Round.

The number one hared off his line to cut out a dipping long ball in search of Adam Boyes, breathing a sigh of relief as Mark Anderson’s rebound from deep soared over the bar.

A foul on Jordan Lashley in the penalty area threatened to negate Redcar’s resurgent efforts. Sean Reid stepped up to take the spot kick, striking without purpose into the gloves of Callum Roberts.

From such a momentum boost, the Steelmen ploughed forward through Curtis Round, and as Mark Anderson was denied by Lewis Brass, Adam Boyes was on hand to restore parity.

Given no time for celebration, a sensational hit from Andy Burn put a spring back in the step of the Stan, the forward’s dipping volley from deep leaving Roberts with little chance.

Such a sucker-punch seemed to drain the Steelmen as play resumed, with little to show for the second period.

A wayward effort from Mark Anderson fashioned the greatest opportunity, sitting up nicely for Jack Blackford to force a quick stop from Lewis Brass.

At the other end, Callum Roberts was called into action as Heaton strove to find the fatal blow, stooping to deny a low effort from Sean Reid.

Andy Burn’s third of the afternoon finally put paid to any possibility of a result, a lapse in defensive concentration so cruelly punished at the expense of the match ball.

The Heaton forward left the field of play with ten minutes still on the clock, met with rapturous applause from a lively Grounsell Park, and plaudits from both home and away fans alike.

Attendance: 361

Line-Up: Roberts, Mills, Ferguson, Guru, Burgess, Graham, Blackford, Liddle (Watts 68’), Boyes, Anderson, Round (Hopson 84’)

Next Match: Birtley Town (a) | Tuesday 27th February 2024


24/02/20243:00 pmNorthern Football League - Division 12023/24


Grounsell Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE7 7HP
Grounsell Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE7 7HP, UK
Tuesday 23rd April, 19:30BM Bi Fold Stadium, Green Lane, TS10 3RW
Redcar Athletic
1 : 2
Boro Rangers
Yellow Cards
Red Cards